The Primate Gesture Center aims to serve as a virtual forum, to bring together and inform people interested in gestural communication.
Our interests include the:
- systems of communication evolved in other primates, especially apes.
- similarities and differences in the gestural signalling.
- combination of different modalities.
- evolutionary roots of language.
- function of communicative signals.
- culture specific gestures.
- adaptation of gestures to different ecological and social factors.
- underlying processes of social cognition such as learning and flexibility
Please join our online discussion